Cash above Rs. 3 lakh deposited in banks following of Rs. 500 and Rs. 1,000 notes(500 and 2000 rupees notes) could pay a tax and a 200 per cent penalty in case it is disproportionate to the account owner’s income, the government has said.
Everyone know about the new 500 and 2000 rupees notes?
Here’s all you need to know about new 500 and 2000 rupees note issued by Indian Government w.e.f 10th November, 2016:
I) Rs. 500 note:
The new Rs. 500 note is different from the old one in colour, size, location of security features and design elements. Here are some of the facts:
- Size: 63 mm x 150 mm
- Colour: Grey
- Theme: Indian Heritage Site – Red Fort
Features of Rs. 500 note:
New 500 and 2000 rupees note For visually impaired:
11. Circle with 500 in raised print on the right.
12. 5 bleed lines in raised print on left and right.
13. Year of printing of the note on left.
14. Swatchh Bharat Logo on the slogan.
15. Language Panel towards centre.
16. Red Fort is an image of Indian Heritage Site with Indian Flag.
17. Denomination numeral in Devnagari on right.
II) Rs. 2,000 note:
The new Rs. 2,000 note has a different design, geometric patterns aligning with overall colour scheme, both on the obverse and reverse. Here are some of the facts:
- Size: 66 mm x 166 mm
- Colour: Magenta
- Theme: Motif of Mangalayan – India’s first venture in interplanetary space
Features of Rs. 2,000 note: (w.r.t the numbers mentioned in the image)
- See through register in denomination numeral when held against light.
- Latent image of denomination numeral which can be seen when note is held at 45 degrees at the eye level.
- Denomination numeral 2,000 in Devnagari.
- Portrait of Mahatma Gandhi in centre.
- Micro letters ‘RBI’ and ‘2,000’.
new 500 and 2000 rupees note For visually impaired:
12. Horizontal rectangle with 2,000 in raised print on the right.
13. 7 angular bleed lines in raised print on left and right.
14. Year of printing of the note on left.
15. Swachh Bharat Logo on the slogan.
16. Language Panel towards centre.