Google hangouts app is developed by Google which includes instant messeging, video chat, SMS and VIOP features, Google hangouts app replaces three messaging products that Google had implemented concurrently within its services, including Google Talk, Google+ Messenger and Hangouts, a video chat system present within Google+. Google has also stated that Google hangouts app is designed to be “the future” of its telephony product, Google Voice, and integrated some of the capabilities of Google Voice into Hangouts. You can use Google+ people’s accounts to message them.
Features of Google hangouts app
Use Google hangouts app to keep in touch with your friends, colleages and family,Google hangouts app allows you to Message and free video or voice calls, and hop on a conversation with one person or a group.
- Google hangouts app Include all your contacts with group chats for up to 150 people.
- Now say more with Google hangouts app status messages, various photos, intresting videos, share maps, emoji beautiful stickers, and animated GIFs.
- Turn any conversation into a free group video call with up to 10 contacts.
- With Google hangouts app you can call any phone number in the world (and all calls to other Google hangouts app users are free!).
- Connect your Google Voice account for phone calling, SMS texting, and voicemail integration.
- Keep in touch with contacts across Android, iOS, and the web, and sync chats across all your devices.
- Message contacts anytime, even if they’re offline.
- Simple and minimalist interface
- Video calls to multiple people
- Apps available during video calls
- No audio calls
- Chrome must always be open
Instant Messaging and Video calls with Google hangouts app
Google hangouts app is an instant messaging platform with all the conventional features of any good messaging service. Once you’re logged into your Google account, you can send messages, images, and emojis to your contacts in one-on-one or group conversations.
The videoconferencing feature allows you to make video calls with up to 10 people simultaneously, no matter which device they’re connected on. It integrates apps like YouTube and Google Drive, as well as sounds and visual effects, to let you have a little fun during calls.
Easter eggs in Google hangouts app
See what are the Easter eggs there in Google hangouts app
- Typing “woot” would let a yellow animated emoji-like face crawl up the screen and laugh in your face or a fox with a birdie on his head waving two flags. This also corresponds to typing “woohoo”, “woo hoo”, “yay!!” and “hooray!”
- Typing “happy birthday” would let a cake be rolled out by a fox and a birdie on top of the cake. This also corresponds to typing “happy bday” or “happy b-day”.
- Typing “happy new year” would let out a fox and goose dancing and a few fireworks.
- Typing “hahahaha” would let the yellow emoji-like face crawl up or a fox and a goose laughing at each other. This also corresponds to typing “ha ha ha ha”, “hehehehe”, “he he he he”, ” ” or using five “ha”s or “he”s. Also works by typing “lolol”, “rotfl”, “kkkk”, and also “lmao”.
- Typing “/ponies” would let an animated pony prance across the screen. There are a total of 21 different ponies. Typing “/ponystream” would unleash infinite ponies all running in different directions on your screen.
- Typing “/shydino” would let a dinosaur hiding behind a house appear on the screen. To make the dinosaur and the house disappear, simply type in “/shydino” again,
- Typing “/bikeshed” would change the colour of the background of the hangout screen. The colour varies for all users so typing “Look! Pink!” wouldn’t be advised.
- Typing “/pitchforks” would let out a whole mob of little people carrying pitchforks and torches.
- Applying the Konami code (i.e. up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, Enter) would change the background of the hangout screen into a beautiful view of nature. One can only do the code once. To do it again, one must close the hangout window and reopen it.
- Typing “/roll” would display your icon showing that you’ve rolled a number. You can roll anything from a 1 to 6, just like a regular die.
Connect to Google Hangouts app from Anywhere
Google hangouts app work across computers, Android phones and tablets, iPhones, iPads, and iPods, so you can connect with anyone, anywhere.
Google collaboration makes it easy to work the way you want. Whether you’re on the go or at your desk, you can message a colleague or start an impromptu video conference with your team. If some of your colleagues work at home, no problem. You can share your screen to collaborate and communicate in real time. And, with Smartsheet’s embedded workflow with Google hangouts app, you’ll always have productive conversations that stay within the context of your work.
Starting a Google hangouts app from Smartsheet streamlines communication and keeps everyone on track. Instead of emailing dozens of messages back and forth, ask questions and solve problems in seconds with a face-to-face conversation.
How to use Google Hangouts
To start a Google Hangout, you must have a Google Apps account, like a Gmail, Google Drive, or Google+ account.
If you have a Google Apps account, here’s how to start a Hangout from Smartsheet:
- Mouse-over the multi-user icon that appears in a sheet’s tab when other people are collaborating on it and click the Start a Hangout button.
- A window will pop-up prompting you to login to Google and preview your Hangout invitation.
- Click Join to start your Hangout.
If you don’t have a Google Apps account, you can sign up for free and use Gmail, Google Drive, Google+, Hangouts, and more.
Google Hangouts SMS
If you use Google hangouts app as your text messaging app (SMS & MMS), you will need to switch to another text messaging app to continue sending and receiving text messages SMS & MMS, Google hangouts app is removing carrier SMS text messaging from Hangouts on Android after May 22, 2017.
You can get New Android Messages app makes it easy to communicate with anyone by using SMS, MMS, and more. Stay in touch with friends and family, send group texts, and share your favorite pictures, videos, audio messages.
- Open the Hangouts app .
- At the top, tap Menu .
- Tap Settings SMS SMS enabled.
- Select the text messaging app you want as the default. If you’re using an older device, you might need to tap Default SMS app or switch on “Turn on SMS.”
Now you’ll get text messages through the new app, Your current messages will also be moved to the new app.
Google Hangounts Desktop and Google Hangouts Extension
- Use Hangouts to keep in touch. Message friends, start free video or voice calls, and hop on a conversation with one person or a group. * Include all your friends with group chats for up to 150 people.
- Say more with photos, videos, maps, emoji, stickers, and animated GIFs.Turn any conversation into a free group video call with up to 10 friends.
- Keep in touch with friends across Android, iOS, and the web, and sync chats across all your devices. * Message friends anytime, even if they’re offline.
- Snooze your notifications so you can respond later.
- See what you chatted about in the past, including shared photos and your video call history.
- Keep a record of any conversation for just a short period of time by turning history off.
- Connect your Google Voice account to make calls, send and receive SMS, and access your voicemail. Hangouts Chrome app:
- Use Hangouts and get notifications as you move from tab to tab in Chrome, or even without a Chrome window open.
- Position Hangouts anywhere on your screen, even if you have more than one monitor. Keep conversations in a single window or pop out the important ones.
- View and continue your conversations across devices.
- Get notifications just once. After you see an alert, it’ll be removed on other devices.
Google Hangouts on air
Hangouts On Air with YouTube Live. You can use YouTube Live to create a Quick event with Hangouts On Air, or a Custom event using an encoder. Learn how to set up a live stream with YouTube Live. … Go to Live Streaming Events in Creator Studio. Click New live event.
- Sign in to the Admin console.
- On the dashboard, click Apps, then click G Suite > Talk/Hangouts > Advanced settings.
- Scroll to the Additional Services section and select Allow users to place voice and video calls from Hangouts.
Google Hangouts iOS
Google Messenger vs Hangouts
Google Messenger is as simple and plain as you can get, The 2 issues that I’ve seen with Google messenger are this:
1. When sending pictures as MMS, the app compresses the picture too much, so that on the recipients end, the picture actually looks pixelated.
2. The other issue is that for the quick reply notifications. Now, on my phone, I stop using the quick reply notifications in Google Messenger because number one if you receive a message from more than one person at a time and you were in the middle of running back to someone, that message isn’t there anymore or that message was into someone else’s thread that you didn’t want it to be in.
3. When you go to send the message and the notification doesn’t auto cleared from the notification shade which is really annoying. So far that doesn’t happen with Hangouts.
Google Calendar allows users to create and edit events. Reminders can be enabled for events, with options available for type and time. Event locations can also be added, and other users can be invited to events. Users can enable or disable the visibility of special calendars, including Birthdays, where the app retrieves dates of births from Google contacts and displays birthday cards on a yearly basis, and Holidays, a country-specific calendar that displays dates of special occasions.
Google added “Smart Suggestions” to Google Calendar on the mobile apps. Smart suggestions recommend titles of events, as well as locations and contacts.Google added a “Goals” feature. Goals are activities the user wishes to complete. After answering brief questions, including “How often?” and “Best time?”, Google Calendar will automatically “find the best windows to pencil in time for that goal”, with the calendar adapting to the user’s schedule over time, such as rescheduling a goal activity if an event is added that causes a direct conflict with the time of the goal.
Download and install the Hangouts Dialer to start making phone calls in the Hangouts app. After installation, you can access all voice calling features directly from Hangouts or use Hangouts Dialer as a shortcut to make phone calls from the dialer screen in Hangouts.
● Make phone calls over data from the Hangouts app – call any phone number, including landlines.
● Use Outbound Caller ID – people who you call will see your verified number when you call them.
● Connect with your Google Voice number to make VOIP calls in the Hangouts app from your Google Voice number.
Google Messenger Renames Messenger to Android Messages
Google default SMS/MMS app, Messenger, has been renamed Android Messages. The name changed and arrives as Google prepares for wider adoption of the new Rich Communications Services (RCS) messaging standard.
- Faster sharing: Select or take pictures and videos directly from the app and share easily. You can even send audio messages to your contacts.
- Easy search: Search through contacts and conversation threads to find exactly what you are looking for.
- Purposeful design: A colorful, intuitive design makes communicating faster and more fun.
- More control: Block people you don’t want to hear from, and archive messages. No interruptions when you don’t want them!
- Express yourself: Send audio messages, emoji 😃, stickers, or your location.
- Enhanced features: On supported carriers, you can send messages over Wi-Fi or your data network, see when friends have read your message, and more.